On January 25, 2008, at 10:57 AM, a fire broke out on the exterior of the top six floors of the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino. The fire was on the exterior of the building burning the foam facade. The ignition of the facade wall was attributed to welding on a catwalk on the roof. The hotel and casino were evacuated with no major injuries or deaths during the fire, which lasted a little more than an hour. The hotel remained closed for 21 days and an estimated loss of $100 million due to the fire and resulting closure.
- On This Date October 18, 1968 Circus Circus Opened
- On This Date: October 17, 1956 The Hacienda Hotel Opened on the Las Vegas Strip
- On this Date October 15, 1998 the Bellagio opened on the Las Vegas Strip
- On This Date: October 15, 1993, The Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas Opened
- On This Date: October 10, 1944 Huntridge Theater opens in Las Vegas